Bowling Alley, Bar, Rock Club
2648 W Fullerton Ave (btwn Washtenaw Ave & Talman Ave)
Chicago, IL 60647
- Built originally as an ice factory, the Fireside Bowl was converted into bowling alleys in the 1940s, when bowling was a favorite Chicago leisure pursuit.
- In the movie The Break-Up (2006), Gary (Vince Vaughan) and Brooke (Jennifer Anniston) get into a disagreement over Couples Bowling, in scenes shot at the Fireside Bowl.
- Turkey's are easy to get on these lanes, gooble, gooble.
- Ask Hammer for a free pitcher
- Move 2 boards to the left.
- Get a beer from Hammer.
- Great old school feel!
- This legendary venue is an ancient bowling alley that hosted early shows from Jimmy Eat World, Alkaline Trio, and Fall Out Boy. Pete Wentz told us he remembers stage-diving off the pay phones!
- For about 10 years, the Fireside hosted popular all-ages punk and rock shows, before being converted back into a bowling alley.
- Bowling, duh!
- - like stepping back in time .
- Esta muy padre el lugar
- HAMMER! Old school.
- Fun lanes, epic shows! Recommend gong here on a band night!
- Did you know that The Break Up was filmed here??
- In the book I WANNA BE YOUR JOEY RAMONE by Stephanie Kuehnert, Emily's band, She Laughs, plays their first Chicago gig here. [#Fic./Kuehnert, S.]
- The early home of many of your favorite bands. Before it was refurbished.
- Go for 'Punk Rock Mondays' with a live DJ and discounted bowling rates. Live bands every Tuesday all summer long.
- This is where one of the blind bowling leagues bowl every monday.