- 4 slices Paleo-Friendly Bacon, diced
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 cups Butternut Squash, diced
- 2 cups Sweet Potato, diced
- 1 cup Carrot, diced
- 1 cup Apple, peeled and diced
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock, or chicken
- 1 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk, canned
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, for serving
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoons of the bacon grease and lower heat to medium.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot, apple, and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover and lower to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until all the veggies are fork tender.
- Use an immersion blender (or transfer to a regular blender) to blend until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the bacon and some pumpkin seeds before serving.