Paleo Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup Recipe
- 4 slices Paleo-Friendly Bacon, diced
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 cups Butternut Squash, diced
- 2 cups Sweet Potato, diced
- 1 cup Carrot, diced
- 1 cup Apple, peeled and diced
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock, or chicken
- 1 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk, canned
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, for serving
In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
Remove all but 1 tablespoons of the bacon grease and lower heat to medium.
Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and translucent.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot, apple, and vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil, cover and lower to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until all the veggies are fork tender.
Use an immersion blender (or transfer to a regular blender) to blend until smooth.
Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
Top with the bacon and some pumpkin seeds before serving.
Le Creuset 6.75 Qt French Oven
Le Creuset 4.5 Qt Round French Oven
Le Creuset French Oven - 5 1/2 Quart