- 2 boxes Chocolate Cake Mix, dark
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg
- 20 ounces Cherry Pie Filling
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, mixing on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg on medium-low until smooth.
- Spoon over cake batter.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over batter.
- Using a knife, swirl horizontally and vertically.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with fudgy crumbs.
- Let cool completely, then chill until firm.
- Remove foil and bars from pan and cut into bars. Serve. Store uneaten bars in the refrigerator.