Ecola State Park
State / Provincial Park, Scenic Lookout, Beach
- William Clark crossed the Tillamook Head rock formation here while scouting for supplies in 1806. He later declared it the Steepest worst & highest mountain I ever assended. (From Aerial America)
- Magical. Don't miss this.
- The grassy field was one of the filming locations of The Goonies. The exterior of the Lighthouse Lounge (Fratellis' hangout) was built here.
- Best view in Cannon Beach!
- On a clear day this is one of the best places on earth. Don't bother driving to the beach; do the hike from the upper lot. The views on the way are as good as any on the entire Pacific.
- you're gonna get muddy going down & coming up, so make sure your shoes have traction!!
- Goonies hide while watching the Fratelli hideout. Follow signs to Ecola State Park in Cannon Beach. Once inside park, the location is just off the main parking lot immediately after the pay station.
- Look for sea-lions out past the submerged rocks from the view platform!
- Amazing views. Terrific trails, park, and green green green!
- Viewpoint closed permanently due to storm damage.
- Beautiful views of Cannon Beach
- Beautiful views of Cannon Beach.
- Amazing view on the coast. 5$ entering fee.
- Perfect family friendly beach destination. Arrive early: Indian Beach parking lot can fill to capacity on weekends.
- Awesome place
- Great Ocean views and hiking though douglas firs
- Take the route to the scenic overlook, it's definitely worth the hike!
- Great view of cannon beach
- Great views
- Truly amazing. Cannot recommend enough. Makes me wish I lived in Oregon and not Washington.