Baseball, Baseball Field
Cooperstown, NY USA
- According to legend, the site of Doubleday Field was once a cow pasture owned by Cooperstown printer Elihu Phinney. This is where Abner Doubleday supposedly invented the game of baseball in 1839.
- You can attend the Baseball Hall of Fame journalism award ceremony here on the day before the player/manager inductions.
- Beautiful field! Used to love coming here when I was younger!
- Bring sunscreen and a hat because most seats are in the sun.
- Relax on the bleachers.
- Stop on by after visiting the Hall. If you're lucky, there are games on the weekends. Great for some pictures!
- Great experience for the baseball fan. Great town also!!!
- Right field rules!
- Public bathrooms here. Just wish they had better privacy and were kept up better.
- get my work on