Plaza, Other Outdoors, Entertainment
E Ponce de Leon Ave at E Court Sq
Decatur, GA 30030
- Some of their annual events here are fun to attend, including the food trucks, family friendly beach party where they bring tons of sand, etc,. Take Marta because parking isn't great during events.
- If you're in Decatur, you'll notice it's still frowned upon to leave your horse carts and buggies parked along the Square (according to the original sign still mounted there).
- Awesome restaurant scene. Parking is tough so remember free parking in the courthouse garage after 5pm!
- Home to dozens of great festivals. Decatur's one of the metro area's most walkable neighborhoods and the MARTA station is right in the middle of town, so hop on a train and head for the square!
- Park for free at the Courthouse/County parking garage (556 N. McDonough St) after 5 p.m.
- Lots if great shops and cafs within very short walking distance.
- Very lovely downtown area.
- Meters are free after 6 pm
- The square is reminiscent of the great ones is Europe -a place to sit on a bench and watch the world and the pigeons go by.
- Park at the library and walk over... After you've checked out a book first,of course (:
- Great venue. Family friendly and many places to shop and eat
- People watching, sitting in the sun or the shade of the gazebo or trees. Fine for picnicking
- Park in the free lot across the street. Free parking on Sunday, that is.
- The ultimate chill spot before class