Suppliers to vote for top managers across nine vital c-store categories.
CHICAGO, Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Polls are now open for CSP magazine's second annual Category Manager of the Year Awards.
Between now and Jan. 3, CSP is asking suppliers to cast their votes at CSPDailyNews.com/CategoryManagerAward to elect the c-store industry's finest category managers. Winners will be announced at a special ceremony during the 2017 Convenience Retailing University, to be held Feb. 22-24, and will be featured in a special section of CSP's 2017 Category Management Handbook.
"Category managers are the driving force behind the growth of the convenience-store industry, said Jim Bursch, executive vice president of business development, convenience, for Winsight LLC. "These category 'CEOs' deserve the recognition for their roles. We're proud to do just that with our Category Manager of the Year program."
Suppliers nominated finalists earlier this year based not only on bottom-line results, but also the extraordinary dedication displayed in staying on top of trends, introducing new lines and offering unique solutions to everyday category challenges.
The honor of Category Manager of the Year will be bestowed on one person from each of nine product categories:
- Joe Fugazzi, Kroger C-Store Division
- John Deichler, Murphy USA
- Richard Ginther, Kum & Go
- Felix Oliu, Murphy USA
- Krisanne Flamini, Wawa
- Timothy Young, Newcomb Oil – Five Star
- BJ Reed, Speedway – Marathon Petroleum
- Connie Kelehan, Kum & Go
- Greg Lorance, Cumberland Farms
- Shawn Barnes, 7-Eleven
- Ben Boulden, Kum & Go
- Matt High, 7-Eleven
- Michael Lane, CST Brands – Corner Store
- Robert Wolf, Bosselman – Pump & Pantry
- Tara Anderson, Holiday Stationstores
General Merchandise / HBC
- Denny Sharma, Circle K West Coast
- Richard Ginther, Kum & Go
- Steven Desautels, Murphy USA
- Tad Menoes, Circle K Great Lakes
- George Antonsen, Holiday Stationstores
- Mike Nelson, Mapco – Delek U.S. Holdings
- Phil Wilhelm, 7-Eleven
- Damian Wyatt, Mapco – Delek U.S. Holdings
- Dana Sump, Casey's General Stores
- Misti Mason, Circle K Southeast
- Steven Jones, Sunoco Inc. – Energy Transfer Partners
- Kurt Fraschetti, Circle K Great Lakes
- Tim Burner, Holiday Stationstores
- William Slattery, Circle K Midwest
- Anne Flint, Cumberland Farms
- Jodi Gehrts, Kum & Go
- Joe O'Connor, Holiday Stationstores
- Mike LaBerteaux, Walters-Dimmick Petroleum – Johnny's
- Ruth Ann Lilly, Sunoco Inc. – Energy Transfer Partners
Suppliers can cast their votes between now and Jan. 3, at CSPDailyNews.com/CategoryManagerAward
Winsight, LLC is a market-dominant, business-to-business media and information company specializing in the convenience-retailing, restaurant and noncommercial foodservice industries. Winsight has an extensive media portfolio of four leading publications, including CSP, Restaurant Business, Foodservice Director and Convenience Store Products; a suite of digital products, including websites, e-newsletters (Restaurant Business Daily and CSP Daily News) and webinars, plus video products, mobile and tablet apps; custom marketing solutions; and the convenience-retailer intelligence tool, CSPedia. The Winsight Events group produces six exclusive, large-scale executive-level conferences-Restaurant Leadership Conference, FARE Conference, Outlook Leadership, Convenience Retailing University, FSTEC and MenuDirections-in addition to more than 12 major EduNetworking conferences and advisory meetings. Winsight recently acquired Technomic, Inc., the leading provider of primary and secondary market information and advisory services to the food industry. Winsight is the recognized leader in the markets it serves. For more information on Winsight and its brands, go to www.winsightmedia.com.
+ 1 312-940-1970
SOURCE Winsight, LLC