Cove Island Park
- Cove Island does public sailing on the Long Island Sound on both Saturday and Sunday.
- A level & paved 1-mile walking/biking/rollerblading loop along the water & a nice beach to enjoy all the benefits of living on the Sound. No beach pass required from Labor Day to Memorial Day.
- FYI Stamford is now charging 4 beaches 5/1 but not providing day passes after 5 & giving $60 tics instead
- Parking pass required....found out the hard way $55 fine. Lol
- UPDATE: Parking permits required May 1, 2012 - Sept 30, 2012! Day passes $20.00 at entrance. DO NOT park on side streets (Island heights, Albin, Euclid, Dora, Seaside) you will get a $90 ticket!!
- The Pavilion is inside the park to the left before Soundwaters and near the playground.
- Make sure you have your Stamford residential pass after memorial day.
- For $25 parking you get a chill zone nirvana. Beach, lawn, snack bar, views, grills, and most of all you get privacy. This place is incredible and dog friendly!
- Walking space.
- Beach, nature center, snack bar, rollerblade and bike paths, and birding area. Nice way to spend the day.
- The trolley is slow, but it's fun to see the whole park.
- A perfect place for barbecue, sunbathing, sports, relaxing! Love this park!
- Great Park for family hangouts. Kids will love this place. Need city parking pass or $20/day.
- Love it early in the morning...
- Considering the parking fee is $20 for the day you would think they would have all the bathrooms open and actually clean them especially on a holiday weekend.
- Make sure you get a parking sticker as the fines in the Summer are steep!
- So much potential to be more than it is.
- Decent beach, but don't come after 5pm unless you're a resident or want to pay a $60 ticket. Apparently the town can't afford a parking attendant, but of course paying for enforcement is no problem.
- Sandy made the beach into dunes. Hope to have the beach back in time for summer.
- nice park to walk the dog and have a great bike ride around