$ $ $
- There are no tangible pretensions at The Cooks House; it is cozy and welcoming as soon as the guest enters the small restaurant in downtown Traverse City.
- Anything fresh and local ... which is everything.
- Fresh and noticing menu-quaint location. Unassuming and thats what makes it so great!
- Tasting menu; cocktails; fish is always outstanding.
- Come here. And return often. You simply cannot go wrong with anything on the menu.
- Every visit is an exquisite dining experience. Highly recommend for great food and service! (Sidenote- if you're primary goal is to get full or you are a really big eater, go elsewhere)
- Make your reservations as far ahead as possible.
- We did the 7 course sampler with wine pairings. The beef cheek was our favorite course. Next time we will get the trout and beef cheek and order wine and split :) very good!
- Amazing. The combinations throughout the 5 course tasting were unmatchable.
- Chefs Eric and Jen always have something amazing to serve you at this quaint spot dedicated to local, sustainable food. Treat yourself to a five course meal. Your taste buds will never be the same.
- Trust Chef Eric, he's the best.
- Arguably the best restaurant in the state. Throw a dart at the menu - you can't go wrong.
- If you're coming here for the first time try the tasting menu. It's amazing and will expose you to a breadth of their finest food!
- Awesome whitefish tacos
- The takeout for NYE was one of the best meals of the year. Any wait to dine in!
- The outside of the building is looking pretty tattered. They really need to turn their attention to some paint & repairs.