New Orleans, LA 70037
- We ARE Saving A Place for YOU in Congo Square! CONGO SQUARE SUNDAYS (approximately) 2PM until in Congo Square New Orleans, Louisiana 70125
- Great place to spend an afternoon relaxin
- Origin of Jazz, Market ting and Mardi Gras :)
- If you know Congo Square's history, you can feel its weight.
- Beautiful park. Look for the stunning and enormous oak tree.
- In slavery times, local slaves had a free day on Sundays. Legend says that jazz was invented right here during slaves social meetings done in the park.
- Inside Armstrong park is the historical gathering square for african slaves and where jazz and blues started
- Nice atmosphere.
- A beautifully historic area in Louis Armstrong park. The area has been preserved and it's one of my favorite spots
- Hermoso resumen de la historia negra de la ciudad
- Painting of Congo Square festivities by artist, friend, and neighbor Brandon Delles. Be part of New Orleans, not apart from it. Let us show you how!