Trail, Scenic Lookout
199 Narragansett Ave
Newport, RI 02840
- wear walking shoes- NOT flip flops. some of the area is off the beaten path
- This 3.5-mile trail along Newports rocky coastline began as a hunting path for the native Narragansett people. Today, it is the citys most popular tourist attraction. (From Aerial America)
- Take a snack and "picnic" somewhere along this stunning, serpentine, 3.5-mile walk along some of the most amazing mansions in the world. Watch for bumblebees pollinating the wild flowers. -WV
- bring a cute girl and talk about buying her a mansion one day
- Take a picture, there are some GORGEOUS shots to be had here.
- Awesome place to have a run, jog, walk or stroll. Although when i was there a massive troll jumped out from under the cliff and left a this bit of destruction. Bastard.
- Go to the Newport creamery afterwards. Best ice cream ever
- careful walking on the cliffs after drinking. ;)
- Literally I can't get enough of this place. It's close to my home bout 35 min' drive and I go back and forth every other week. You can walk, run, set, surf and even enjoy a delicious lobster roll.
- If you come at spring, the wild roses along the rail will blew your minds.
- You can avoid the parking fees if you start from parallel streets off orch aveneue
- Great views all around! You can also see some of the mansions and walk up to the gardens! Beautiful walk all together
- Great views, Great mansions , do not miss it
- Bring cold water!
- Stunning views. Park on Webster st, much easier.
- Watch out for Lyons by the ABC!
- Great place for photography. I got really good shots. I started at the Forty Steps (also a great place) and walked down the cliff walk.
- There's not a time when I'm in Newport and don't come here. Stunning views and soothing vibes. Must go-to place if you're in Newport, RI.
- A must do New England excursion. Wear sunscreen on a bright day and bring good shoes for walking on rocks
- Awesome sights when trying to show off Newport.