Know what I love? Simple recipes. Easy to make recipes. Something that’s simple to prepare when your kids want a special treat and/or you just want a little something sweet. This cinnamon sugar pull apart bread is just the thing to scratch that itch.
I am a total fiend when it comes to all things cinnamon! Cranberry-vanilla cinnamon swirl bread is my absolute favorite bread for making on a weekend or when I have company coming over. It’s like cinnamon rolls filled with cranberries, toasted walnuts and cinnamon, of course. Then the cinnamon rolls are joined together to form the most beautiful ring once it’s baked.
But if I just don’t feel like going through all that effort, I make this cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe. I slice diamonds into, but not all the way through, a big batch of my no knead artisan bread recipe leaving out the savory mix-ins. You can always buy a fresh loaf of bread at the store too. Now I have all these deep pockets for filling.
This is a virtual blank slate for anything you’d like to stuff inside. Feeling spicy? Then my jalapeño popper bread recipe is just the thing! Filled with cheddar, jalapeños and bacon, it makes a spectacular appetizer.
But if you’re in more of a sweet mood then this sweet pull apart bread is more your speed. Super simple, filled with only warm, gooey cinnamon and sugar. Tons and tons of cinnamon and sugar, melted into every crevice of this bread. Ready to be devoured.
This bread is just the thing to satisfy your sweet tooth. Want to get more creative? Maybe throw some cranberries in there like the swirl bread I was talking about before.
Nothing says you can add a hit of savory in there. Bacon makes everything better, right? This simple recipe is sure to satisfy without taking hours to prepare. It’s a win-win!
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, preferably vietnamese
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 loaf no knead artisan bread, omit mix-ins, or 1 store-bough loaf of crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon and butter until crumbly and well combined.
- Using a serrated knife, cut 1-inch slices being sure not to cut all the way through. Turn bread a quarter turn and cut 1-inch slices across the first slices, again not slicing through the bottom of the bread and forming a grid. Place the cut bread onto the center of a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture into the crevices of the cut bread. Wrap loaf loosely in the foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Unwrap and enjoy warm.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them