Chinese, Dumplings, Dim Sum
$ $ $
380 Lafayette St (at Great Jones St)
New York, NY 10003
- On Food Network's The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Claire Robinson orders the crunchy egg rolls at Chinatown Brasserie in New York, NY. Find more tips at FN Local.
- Dim sum all the way: pork buns, asparagus shrimp (!!), soup dumplings. Skip the duck, but trust me & get the lobster cream cheese sticks!
- One of the best dim sum restaurants outside of Chinatown. Wed recommend the Mushroom and Bok Choy, Steamed Shrimp, or Pan-Fried Lamb Dumplings as well as the Pork Buns.
- Go to Chinatown Brasserie and get dumplings... just lots and lots of dumplings & dim sum & buns...
- The mouth-watering dim sums are great to share with a group. Your table will love the Crispy Orange Beef with Orange Zest, Chilis & Grand Marnier.Save 30% by booking here: http://bit.ly/cHNaRS
- Three words. Crispy. Orange. Beef.
- Frozen Mai Tais. Do it.
- Shrimp and snow pea dumplings are excellent
- The best Dim Sum and Dumplings in a Chinese American meets European brasserie style.
- The best soup dumpling and pork buns EVER!!
- Curry bass and avocado tarts changed my life. Also, off the menu, crispy tofu in red bean sauce. Yummmm
- I love almost all the food here but especially the moo shu pork with egg omelet. The room behind the bar is great for a private party for special occasions. Excellent food and relatively affordable.
- Drink menu: Bourbon Storm is almost too sweet. Chili Margarita is the bees kneeeez tho! (w Tanteo tequila too!)
- My favorites are the soup dumplings and crispy orange beef.
- Happy hour 5-7 Mon-Fri. Half price appetizers at the bar and good drink specials. Frozen Mai Tais are dangerous, but tasty. Love the spicy Tanteo tequila margaritas.
- Skip the main courses and go all dim sum. Soup dumplings and the classic egg roll are my faves.
- Time to celebrate, because you've just checked into a bar serving one of Cosmo's Sexiest Cocktails! Ask for the Pear Batida, a delicious concoction of rum, pear, lemon juice, and champagne.
- Peking duck was excellent!
- Awesome soup dumplings!
- Chef/restauranteur Mario Batali told us he loves the "crazy soup dumplings they get them to us hot and they're delicious," when he orders takeout for delivery.