$ $ $
- Meh! Nice room, nice service, good for a first date, but definitely not a food experience. Food was pretty bland for my taste.
- Foie gras, sweetbreads, rack of lamb done rare, and venison. I've never had such an amazing and oh so indulgent meal in my life :) thank you for the 5lbs I gained Chez Spencer
- Have the Lobster Capuccino - AMAZING!
- Love the Eggs baked "en cocotte" - it usually means baked in a ramekin, but here it's baked in a of puff pastry w/ mushroom tartine, and soft scrambled eggs with summer truffles.
- For Brunch: Wild Mushroom Tartine, every single time, no questions.
- Grab a drink at Nihon Whiskey lounge on the corner and then stroll over to Chez Spencer. Sit outside on the patio, order a great cocktail, bottle of wine, and amazing french food.
- Audrey xo is the way to go
- The sturgeon (with mushrooms in broth) is amazing.
- Smoky Martini...one of the best cocktails I've ever had.
- Lovely spot for a romantic dinner. Understated, warm, with fabulous service. Highly recommend the wood seared venison (with jabron potato and juniper berry-peppercorn jus).
- Thank you for an amazing 1st anniversary. Best French food ever. The tasting menu with wine flight is the way to go!
- No Whiskey cocktails on the menu which makes sense being a traditional French restaurant.
- Get the mushroom soup, scallops, sturgeon and the venison! Amazingness central!
- Top 3 most unforgettable meal I've ever had. Nuffsaid!
- Escargot lollipops are delish!
- Watch out your car window could get smashed outside. Standard sf rules apply:don't leave anything visible in your car
- Love how warm and elegant this place is, and I even like the pretentious "Only French wines" policy. Everything we ordered was delicious - this is a top foodie place.
- Sunday Brunch. You'll love it here.
- Get the French Champagne Cocktail. ;)
- Sophisticated French bistro fare in an airy but warm space. Make sure to have one of their delicious cocktails before your meal.