Charlottesville Historic Downtown Mall
Main St (btwn Water & Market St)
Charlottesville, VA 22902
- During the summer, there is a free concert and various vendors at the Pavilion on Friday evenings. it's a fun time.
- If you're hungry and on a budget try Marco & Lucas, Christians Pizza, The Nook, Bagby's or one of the great street vendors.
- Best of C-Ville '11: Best First Date Spot
- The Flat Creperie on Waterstreet, behind the Jefferson is great. Try the spinach, ham garlic jarlsberg etc crepe, you'll love it. I do.
- A charming outdoor mall with activities for everyone: There's a skating rink, Childrens museum, toy store, old-fashioned soda fountain, Five Guys, movie theater, cupcake bakery, and more.
- Write on the freedom of speech wall at the end of the mall.
- Great restaurants and shops....hard to go wrong!
- Check out @Sal's Caffe Italia for some great pizza, pasta and seafood. Gluten Free Menu!
- A multi-block walking mall set in the historic downtown district of Charlottesville. With tons of restaurants and shopping, this is the perfect place for tourists and townies alike!
- Sal's is the place to be!
- Be sure to try the great restaurants off the main mall too. Revolutionary Soup has great fare.
- You can almost always find a live show somewhere downtown!
- Plenty-o-Talent in the birdhouse offices. Don't forget to look up and wave. :)
- Very hip happening spot
- Lots of neat shops, felt very hip walking around
- Nice place to walk around and browse
- Great dance clubs and show venues are at this location after dark. The Cruxshadows show I saw here was amazing.
- Cute little street for walking around, eating and shopping
- Wants so much to be cool, but really it's just its a hipster designed strip mall.
- Pretty place!