Dive Bar, Country Dance Club
3201 S Lamar Blvd (at Westrock Dr.)
Austin, TX 78704
- The Broken Spoke is Texas' most definitive dance hall. If you're ever in Austin, stop by for some traditional country music by some "real" country musicians.
- Giada heads to this hot spot for real Texas food, live music and a dance floor. She ordered the classic Chicken Fried Steak and a Lonestar beer on tap.
- $12 cover on Friday?? Y'all must be crazy!
- When you need your Lone Star cold, your chicken-fried steak hot, and the ghost of Ernest Tubb on your shoulder, this historic honky tonk is the place to be. Two-step refreshers run 8-9pm Wed-Sat.
- The guy bartender with the glasses is quite a looker.
- James White, founder of the Broken Spoke, is a country music artist himself and wrote a song about his li'l honky-tonk called "The Broken Spoke Legend."
- No mistaking ur in Texas!! A must stop on ur visit to Austin
- Among the TV & Movie Stars to visit have been Clint Eastwood, Robert Duval, Dolly Parton, Lonnie Anderson, and Dan Rather.
- Want to learn to country dance while youre in Austin? Check out this Austin institution, the Broken Spoke. Dance lessons Wednesday through Saturday in a real life Texas dancehall setting.
- Friday night for honky tonk bands in stetsons, strong margaritas, and Texan two-step. Chat to owner James about the old days when Dolly, Willy and Clint dropped in. Wednesday 8pm for dance lessons.
- A true honky tonk
- Awesome local dive bar!
- An Austin classic. A great place to learn to dance and experience the best honky tonk in Texas.
- Bring you're dancing shoes. People mean business.
- It is mostly Texas Two Step with some Western/East Coast Swing. The band is good! Definately disappointed there are no line dances. I must be spoiled in Nashville.
- Expect to wait for a table, but that's half the fun of it!
- The nice older gents make for the best dance partners.
- here's a tip.....an enchilada makes a terrible bookmark
- Iconic place. Try the Brisket. You will be glad you did. And dont forget to stroll through the tourist trap. This place is a must stop when in Austin
- Awesome country bar! If you need to brush up on your two-step, they offer free lessons Wed-Sat!