536 W 112th St (btwn Broadway & Amsterdam)
New York, NY 10025
- The dual level original that has quite the selection with an area devoted to New York for the wandering tourist. Collegiates and the well educated make their way here for the cream of the crop choices
- goldmine for Columbia profs' cast-offs (w instructive notes in margins!), used academic press books, scholarly journals, & other high-quality editions to nourish the nerd head/heart/soul
- How to Make It in America happened here. Ben's dad is at this bookstore, "taking advantage of its browsing policy," when they talk about Ben's burgeoning future.
- Find something a bit more challenging than the average beach read or a great kids book at Book Culture's two locations. Read more on MetroFocus & discover other city bookstores worth a visit.
- Book Culture is an ethical & sustainable shop participating in Shop Your Values Week! Pledge now to receive discounts at 200+ businesses in NYC from May 3-10, 2012. #SYVW
- Check your bag, or get yelled at as you walk up the stairs.
- best staff. great remainders.
- Great place for Columbia students to pick up their textbooks upstairs and keep up with new books downstairs.
- Rivals The Strand.
- great selection
- You can sell back and/or donate your textbooks here.
- Check out the staircase, there's always something good on remainder!
- Rats = Nasty Unhealthy Environment.
- Best place in the world to browse for classics in philosophy, anthropology, literary criticism, and all kinds of other academic disciplines. Great on current events, new nonfiction and fiction too.
- Interesting selection of books - and years ago we bought some bookculture t-shirts here that are still product worn!
- The book selection. Also check out the overstocked items-you can find gems at a fraction of the price!
- One of the best book stores in the city.
- My favorite bookstore! Academic and popular titles--Book Culture is true to its name.
- Gothamist says, "Both stores' selections (one on Broadway, the other on 112th street) run the gamut from dependable academic bookstore to whimsical children's bookshop."
- Incredible place. The art & architecture selection is stellar.