$ $ $
- Its actually comfort foodunrecognizable as such thanks to sophisticating grace notes: an amuse bouche, McCrains frequent forays into molecular gastronomy, and an uncommonly artful eye for plating.
- Absolutely lovely place. Foie Gras was exquisite!
- Seared scallops dish was incredible. If you love these beauties from the sea, definitely get this dish if it's on the menu!
- Try the "flavor curve" steak. It's amazing!
- Sit at the bar
- The poached egg over hand-cut tagliatelle in Parmesan broth is a signature dish, simple but deftly executed by chef Shaun McCrain. Even with only 75 wines, the list hits some highlights.
- Order the cabernet franc made next door
- Chef Lisa Nakamura eats here on her nights off. She loves the Foie gras terrine.
- Best halibut ever!
- Get table inside the main dining room
- Try the Compressed Melon Salad - Beautiful and refreshing on a sweltering day!
- Snobs - they screwed up our reservation and then treated us like trash for wanting to eat there. Do not spend your money here.
- One of the best meals I've had in Seattle was here. Love the ambiance, service and menu of creative and well executed dishes. A must for those who enjoy their food.
- WOW. Killer food. Amazing ambiance. This is the perfect place to take someone special... Especially if they love foie gras. YUM.
- One of the rare places in Seattle where the entrees are as stellar as the incredible appetizers.
- Skip dinner and pork out on beignet.
- The foie gras was our favorite dish of the night and that is saying alot, everything was great!!!
- Get a bottle of Almquist wine and the cheese plate or desert, sit at the bar for a low-key/intimate time :)