Bloomingdale Farmers Market
100 R St NW (R Street Between 1st and Florida NW)
- Go early!
- Try some rose veal - it's ethically raised and just excellent.
- Hours are nine to one in the summertime.
- In the fall, I recommend buying cauliflower, along w/3 leeks, carrots & garlic. Roast the cauliflower, then make soup w/it & rest of veg. Add some local cheese & u have farm fresh chowder!
- Go early for the best selection. Good vegetables and fruits, and lots of local stuffs!
- Small, but good selection.
- Snow Bear has the best prices for veggies.