164 Shepherd Grade Rd
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
- Esquire rates the breakfast here as one of the top 53 in the country. (49 of 53 to be exact.) European Sunday brunch from 11-2pm.
- Excellent service! Great view of the Potomac from room & the Sunday brunch was out of this world - so much to choose from! The fireplace in our room was the perfect touch to a cozy winter getaway.
- Love the Christmas dinner! However, there was one waitress that tainted the experience this year; rudest woman ever!
- A beautiful chalet overlooking the Potomac River. Try the cold meat plate for breakfast and Sunday brunch from 11-2. The weinerschnitzel lunch plate is excellent
- I finally tried this place and am so glad I did. Great service. Wonderful food. Beautiful restaurant and grounds over looking the river. I look forward to visiting again. Thank you.
- Three restaurants: fine dining, casual dining, and a pub. Excellent German specialities in each place. Most importantly, prices are the same in each one.
- The food at this place was amazing. I went with one of their traditional German dishes, a German Lager, and their hot chocolate with amaretto for a dessert drink. Everything was delicious!
- Great pool with a great bar
- You cannot leave without trying the Bavarian Nut Ball dessert, a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream cover in crushed peanuts and topped with chocolate syrup and coconut shavings.
- The Sauerkraut Garnished is a true German dish featuring Weisswurst, Bratwurst, Knockwurst, & Kassler Ripchen over whipped potato and sauerkraut with German mustard on the side.
- The service was excellent
- Beautiful location. Good food. Very overpriced.
- I stay here once a year, for three nights to attend catf.org. Great views of Potomac, and a short walk to the plays and downtown Shepherdstown. The infinity pool and poolside bar are fun too!
- Great food and wine selection...but very old crowd
- What a great view of the Potomac, weird that breakfast was not included
- What a great view on the Potomac, a magic place. Weird that breakfast was not included...
- Celebrating our 41st anniversary with dinner at the Bavarian.
- Best food in shepardstown
- Hoffbrau battered scallops. Amazing.
- Interesting place. A simulated piece of Germany. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable although a little moldy. Great place to rest. Excellent view of the river. Walking distance from town.