Mount Royal Tavern
Bar, Dive Bar
1204 W Mount Royal Ave (at Dolphin St)
Baltimore, MD 21217
- read a book on your kindle, or be homeless. don't matter as long as you know it's cash only.
- This bar is great for my favorite game: "homeless or hipster?"
- Baltimore's Best Bars 2012: "There may not be a more beloved dive in all of Baltimore than MRT. ... Dont forget to the hit the ATM first, as MRT only accepts cash". http://bsun.md/Vq0sC3
- My first drink was here. Barkeep offered a pair of cherry bombs for my birthday. Wisely saved them. Great place and will bring my friend.
- Cash only. Great vibe. Solid neighborhood bar.
- CASH only but a great Baltimore bar
- It's dingy, dim dcor under a ceiling of Sistine Chapel wallpaper with original MICA artworks dangling from shellacked exposed brick walls and Sinatra dialed up on the jukebox says it all.
- Best bar in town!
- Don't fuck with Mick. Cash only.
- Look up. The ceiling should remind you of a famous Michaelangelo painting.
- Great place to drink and socialize. One of my favorite places.
- The drinks here are STRONG
- The drinks are strong
- Cash only dive. Reminds me of what a corner bar in Baltimore should be.
- Always nice to see Bob and John
- The perfect dive bar for the art student crowd. Wear your skinny jeans, order a Natty Boh (translation:NATIONAL BOHEMIAN) and dont forget to look up and check out the unexpected ceiling mural.
- Great drink prices! Not great bathrooms...
- Don't drink the water.