Café 't Papeneiland
- "Perhaps the most picturesque brown cafe. During the Reformation many of Amsterdam's catholics were not allowed to worship in the church across the canal, and spent their time in Papeneiland."
- fra i 5 pub pi cool di Amsterdam. L'norme fetta di torta di mele MERITA
- No bullshit.
- Mooiste caf in de Jordaan, niet voor niets kwamen Bill Clinton en Brad Pitt hier ook ;-)
- Try the apple pie! Clinton loved it! Me too ;-)
- @Chris C, its a pub, not an office
- Friendly service. Apple pie made in the caf based on grandma's grandma's recipe using a special variety of apple. Enjoy the traditional taste at its best!
- Great place to be, good glass of cold beer.
- Ask for a clean glass....
- Tiel Netel (the old owner pictured on canvas) will tell you the story of the Papen (Catholics) fleeing through tunnels and coming back up to ground level in this pub (1650+)
- Lovely cafe with a good history. Everything is old, but it gives the special spirit to this place. My favorite!
- The most photographed building in Amsterdam but also one of the most relaxed old caf's. Bill Clinton loved it and so should you!
- Super friendly owners! Nice place.
- Try the apple pie!
- They have Columbus beer on tap, so have one! (It's local beer)
- people watch.
- Perfect and delicious and mind blowing apple pies!
- Turtas gerekten mkemmel. Mutlaka deneyin.
- Love this place, friendly table service and great to sit outside and watch the world go by