What a dive bar that offers drag shows as a form of entertainment? Venture to Aunt Charlie's Lounge for a mix of locals, hipsters, and tourists. No cell phones are allowed at this bar, which would take away from the strong, cheap drinks and worthwhile entertainment.
Aunt Charlie's Lounge
133 Turk St (btwn Taylor & Jones)
San Francisco, CA 94102
- The guy behind the counter is very nice
- Great drag show
- When is it acceptable to charge $2 for soda water when a vodka soda is $3.50?
- Strongest drinks in SF pair well with the drag.
- Lots of fun, everyone was very cool.
- For the bold: Go on a Fri, bring lots of dollar bills and get a seat stage right of the catwalk. For the rest, smear on some eyeshadow and go midweek for the Tubesteak dance party.
- Brings lots of singles or order endless drinks. Support Sf being Sf.
- Very hole in wall, dark - but friendly people and right around from the theatre
- The conversations here will keep me coming back
- The walls of the long, narrow space are plastered with NSFW reading material from the 70s that is heavy on the Burt Reynolds vibes. Go Thursday night, after 10PM, for the disco dance party.
- If you are looking for a drag show in the Tenderloin this place won't disappoint.
- Chilled bar with apsurdly cheap drinks and great show with homey atmosphere!
- This down and dingy Tenderloin dive is one of the last vestiges of gaydom in the neighborhood. These days, Aunt Charlie's plays host to several weeknight parties for fashionable alterna-homos.
- Heaven on skid row is a gay bar packed with gloriously older men ripped to the tits at 4pm, bickering with one another about everything from the old days to who's buying the next round of Miller Lite.
- YESSS this place is fun. Tuesday night - its like Art School fags meets drag / 90s house music. You'll see some looks here. Party doesn't pop till midnight tho. Thurs is Tubesteak disco
- Support these ladies! They are tons of fun and please tip...
- Tape an ethnographic video about dragqueens for your anthro/socio/masters in health program in this joint.
- OMG for the love of god be careful walking anywhere around this place: scary! do not do it alone... don't do without like 10 people. :( Shame the area is like that because the people inside are nice.
- don't fall asleep at the bar.
- Rude service. Tired, jaded bitchy drag. Too many straights and groups of girls. Not a place for the contemporary gay male. Don't see the point. It's kitcsh.