Art Gallery of NSW
Art Gallery, Art Museum
- check out the tatzu nishi installation out front. mesmerising.
- Picasso: masterpieces from the Muse National Picasso, Paris runs from 12 Nov - 25 March. You have to buy timed & dated tickets online to see this.
- Free admission into the general exhibition space. Exhibitions tickets range from $10 - $20.
- Good selection of folio books and free tea and coffee in the members lounge downstairs...nice place to chill out.
- Wednesday is free night: art.afterhours
- Love the Battle of Rork's Drift painting-always reminds me of a friend who passed away
- Beautiful museum, nearby the famous Opera House and located in a charming park.
- Just as Melbourne's cool, ordered NGV exemplifies its city, Sydney's AFNSW is a bewildering clusterf*ck of architectural styles. Dig deep for a wonderfully diverse collection: Wednesday is late night
- At their cafe and ordered the frittata, sat outside and a bird snatched it, the cafe kindly provided me with a whole new lunch! And fast + excellence service
- An art gallery with free wifi. How brilliant is that?!
- Loving the archibold! Check out M. Olley. And walled aly
- See seriously lovely 19th century French drawing in David to Czanne. All from one man's private collection.
- Cafe on the ground floor has outside seating, coffee and cakes and friendly wait staff. Does get busy during the weekends.
- Australian Impressionist collection in old section - roberts, streeton etc
- Soak up the classic or the modern paintings. Take a break in the cafe with lunch and a glass of vino.
- They're open late to 10pm on Wednesdays (maybe only during the summer?). Nice old traditional Museum with fast free WiFi.
- Go! Even if you dont usually visit galleries and museums, it has various exhibitions and chances are you will find something interesting.
- Masterpieces from the Musee National Picasso, Paris WORTH IT!
- Check out the new contemporary galleries with works by Sol LeWitt, Rauschenberg, Shaun Gladwell & Ugo Rondinone...
- Dont try and skip the queue to vote for peoples choice or drama will ensue