Apothecary (酒术 )
Lounge, Cocktail, Bar
$ $ $
81 Sanlitun N Rd (At 3/F of Nali Patio)
+86 10 5208 6040
- They are trying Orange Monster. Ask for it and tell them what you think.
- Pushing the DIY envelope by making own bitters and syrups, brining own olives, etc. Focus on classic American drinks from Prohibition, Civil War, etc. Intriguing cocktail lists to browse.
- Bacardi cocktail, right choice for a mid summer night!
- Bourbon Manhattan is the smoothest side of whiskey.
- Orange monster is great and not on the menu yet.
- Must have fried chicken sundays!
- Try their Pisco Sour - it's smooth, foamy and moreish. Highly recommended! Be warned though, it is stronger than it looks!
- Best fried chicken, worst service. They refuse to serve customers water unless you order a drink. Yet they don't serve bottle water. The middle eastern manager is very unfriendly and rude.
- Bourbon Manhattan is the Mayor of the Smoothness (MotS) here!
- like the DIY angle, but I have had overly sour olives in my martinis twice. Not so good given the size of the drink and the price (RMB60).
- I don't mind waiting for a table, but this place insisted I wait outside the bar. It was -10. I was not impressed. Won't be coming back.
- Bourbon Manhattan, nothing else
- My favorite bar in Beijing
- Unfortunately it is a house rule that if the bar is packed no standing inside allowed, so either you select the plenty other bars around or bit the winter cold if it's winter, guessing summer better
- A bit expensive but very creative cocktails. Try the ones with foam on top!
- Great Californian microbrews!
- Get the hot chocolate amaretto drink. It's delicious!
- Apothecary is one part cocktail bar, one part down-home eatery, serving classic tipples alongside fried favorites. Try the fried chicken dinners on Sundays.
- the dirtiest dirty martini in town methinks. these guys seem to want to make everything push the envelope in re to sourness, saltiness, etc.
- this place will start serving southern fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits on Sundays, starting this weekend...