AMC Van Ness 14
Movie Theater, Cineplex
1000 Van Ness Ave (at O'Farrell St)
San Francisco, CA 94109
- Validate your parking on the second floor Guest Services! It's $8 up to 5 hours. Don't forget, or you'll end up paying like $20 for 2 hours!
- Love that it's facade + lobby has character, unlike most AMCs.
- The first showings of the day are really cheap. $6 per ticket before noon.
- Student discount on films
- Instead of leaving in the middle of the movie to use the bathroom, use your cup as a urine receptacle!
- Make sure you swipe your credit card with the strip facing you at those automated ticket machines. Most frustrating thing ever.
- remember to validate your parking before you go all the way to your car.
- This theater is gorgeous! High ceilings, gilded molding; completely unexpected in the middle of Civic Center.
- Buy your movie passes at Costco, save some dough!
- If you're in a hurry to get to a movie on the top floor, take the elevator instead of the escalators to save some time.
- Save your money at the concessions stand, the arm rests are 50% chocolate, and I'm sure you'll find some candy on the seats as well.
- Centrally located
- The IMAX here is not "real" IMAX. It's hardly bigger than a regular screen.
- As an architectural space, this is an armpit with escalators for hairs. It is excellent if you like spending all day sneaking into new movies on a single ticket, however.
- Sometimes they will simply shut down Thursday night rather than stick to their midnight movie schedule on Fandango.
- This used to be a car dealership back n d day!!!
- Digital 3D looks amazing!
- Pro Tip: If you put a steak in your Coke Zero it will be dissolved by the end of your movie.
- With Coke Zero on tap, you can't go wrong. Once you get some, tweet @cokezero and let us know what you're seeing and how the Zero went down.