The Village Butcher
Deli / Bodega, Wine Shop
- The Turkey BLT (wheat, toasted, a little mayo) is my go-to. Awesome sandwich, awesome people.
- Great sandwiches. Walk down the path by the museum to the right of the shop to have a picnic by the river.
- Simply the best
- The owner, George, has been there as long as I can remember. at least 40 years. great guy.
- If you are looking for a real deli sandwich this is the place...as good as it gets.
- Great sandwiches. The chicken pot pie is fantastic.
- The best butcher ever. Excellent custom sandwitches, but we always go for the bacon, breakfast sausage, and any custom cut of meat. George is the nicest guy you have ever met.
- The second time we came back we stopped in for the Cheddar Loaf exclusively. While the sandwiches rock, there's something about Vermont cheddar baked into bread that is oh so yummy.
- A Smoked Turkey Salad sandwich on a bulkie roll with Vermont Cheddar (and lettuce and tomatoes) is a winner! Also they have a good selection (yes multiple types) of chicken salad.