Tompkins Square Greenmarket
Farmer's Market, Flea Market
9:00am - 6:00pm
- Only on Sundays. Fresh fruit, veggies, bread, cheese, flowers. You can donate clothing for the homeless as well - just find the Man in the Van.
- Stock up on Honeycrisp apples from Stannard Farms. They are the BEST!
- Some of the same vendors here as the Union Square Greenmarket. The fishmongers here are amazingly knowledgable and will give you tips on how to cook everything to perfection
- This year-round greenmarket sets up shop at Tompkins Square Park every Sunday. Products such as glass-bottled milk, farmstead cheese, orchard fruit and honey can be bought here.
- Tompkins Square Greenmarket is open Sun 8am-6pm. You can redeem your Health Bucks and use your EBT at this market. Learn more about Health Bucks at http://on.nyc.gov/ateSJ6.
- Katie @ consider bardwell farm's pawlet artisan cow cheese is the dairy equivalent to heaven.
- Farmers market with lots of vegetables, fresh fish, bakers and more
- Not a huge market but perfect for the neighborhood folk wanting some fresh market produce on Sundays.
- A usual Sunday stop for fresh greens. There is one guy who sells fish here and he really knows his stuff. Don't pass up his stand on your way by.
- Dog Halloween
- play chess under the tree.
- There's a stand with shisito peppers!
- Happy to award the Snail of Approval to Tompkins Square Greenmarket
- Here's a mobile web site with recipe ideas you can view while here! http://ns2go.mobi/mr
- Visit an Outdoor Market:
- meredith's bread: how can someone selling baked goods on such a beautiful day be so mean and nasty?
- Kingston, NY's Meredith's makes great cobblers and other baked goods!
- pick up raspberry or strawberry apple juice here. delicious and cheap!
- Consider bardwell's pawlet is amazing, kid goat shanks are for braising
- Hoosick poultry has great pork chops.