The Rio Theatre
Music Venue, Movie Theater, Indie
- Night movies are licensed (!!!), they serve grilled cheese and play cult movies on Friday's, the theatre has a balcony and the staff are cool. Best theatre in Van!
- Come here to see an awesome classic movie, have a drink, an have a ton of fun in an old school theatre
- Nice sound. Great tion.
- Cheap Tuesdays half price admission!
- The popcorn here is delicious
- East Vancouver's Rio Theatre on Broadway is a great venue with comfortably cushy seating to enjoy watching films year-round and during VIFF. Nicely sited near Skytrain and a Starbucks.
- My fav movie theatre in Vancouver! Get the big kid pack - Beer, small portion of popcorn, and candy. Best thing ever!
- Midnight Double Feature every Friday.
- Love this spot. They have burgers, beer and popcorn. And of course play the coolest shows
- Locals shows here are awesome. Improv Against Humanity, Critical Hit Show, Gentleman Hecklers, etc
- Tonnes of great variety here. Last time I went was for a Ghibli double bill
- Awesome independent movie theatre and live show venue. Plus beer!
- Really good sound for concerts!
- They have beer, wine and Irish coffee. Loved it!
- Don't expect them to understand groupons -_-;
- 4.50 Cariboos and popcorn go quite well together!
- Civilized over-19 shows with themed cocktails.
- Cool but ma warrior scream was nonsence yet I got cheerz
- Amazing place, and great movies! They give away a lot of tickets on their FB page - well worth checking that out.
- AWESOME place to catch a live show! Get in position to rush the stage when the music starts!!!