629 9th Ave (btwn 44th & 45th St)
New York, NY 10036
- Mmmmm..., poseidon phyllo is soooo delicious.., good for breakfast n start your cheerful day (. ~)
- get the alfani - pistachio deliciousness
- Can't go wrong with the homemade phyllo pastries soaked in nuts and honey! Coffee is surprisingly cheap and good.
- Say hi to Lili! The only place in the US that still makes phyllo dough by hand
- Homemade philo. Definitely worth a try.
- Cheese lovers: The tyropita is great (two types of cheese in flaky phyllo with a hint of mint). Get a warm triangle and dig in before you hit the sidewalk.
- Go to Poseidon Bakery and get a spinach pie. My favorite thing as a kid.
- Try the Finikia
- Greek desserts like baklava are really sweet yet light tasting at the same time. How do they bake stuff like this?!
- Strudel, Halva, Everything
- Everything is delicious.
- Galaktoboureko was killer good. Everything else (including the baklava) was average
- baklava $3-5
- Even better than the baklava is the alfali and the galaktoburekophyllo dough filled with a semolina-based custardmight be the best thing that comes out of Poseidon's ovens.
- Handmade phyllo! They are in their 90th year now :)
- Apricot cheese strudel was to due for!
- Best baklava Ive had in the US. Like in Greece.