Are you a chocolate lover? I am and so was my dear Mom. One of her absolute favorites candies was the Turtle. She loved them!!! My Dad would stop and pick up a box of them at the Famous Barr candy counter. More than likely you have had a turtle candy. However I bet you did not know how easy they are to make!! These Chocolate Pecan Caramel Turtles are so simple, delicious and at a fraction of the cost of the fancy candy shops!
I love chocolate too! So yummy!!
You can put a batch of these together pretty quickly. There is cooling time but you certainly don’t have to be present for that. You can do your laundry, weed your garden (it has been so warm here that I still have weeds in my garden) or read a book. So if you love chocolate, caramel and pecans than these little babies are right up your alley!!
I froze these Chocolate Pecan Caramel Turtles for a Christmas party. If you want to freeze them allow them to cool fully. Move to airtight container and store in fridge for 24 hours. Move from fridge to freezer. After 4-5 hours or when fully frozen remove from container and store in double wrapped Ziploc freezer bags and place back in sturdy sealed glad-ware container. Place back in freezer. When defrosting remove from packaging and place on serving platter in refrigerator until thawed. Do not leave in packaging when defrosting. It is the condensation that causes problems.
I hope you enjoy these adorable sweet little treats. Why don’t you make a batch for your lovelies for the holidays!!
Chocolate Pecan Caramel Turtles
- 48 pecan halves (get a little extra in case some break)
- 24 individually wrapped caramels
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli chips)
- 2-3 teaspoons coconut oil
- Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange pecans in twelve X's making four legs sticking out.
- Unwrap caramels and place in microwavable bowl. Don't use too small of a bowl. You will need to be able to easily stir it. Add water and microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. If not melted heat for 15 minute intervals at 50% power. Stir between heating's. Stir and place one heaping tablespoon in the center of each set of pecans. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir until bowl no longer feels warm. Continue heating at 15-30 second 50% power intervals until fully melted. Stirring every interval until the bowl no longer feels warm.
- Spoon chocolate over the the caramel; trying to cover the caramel. Allow to fully harden. You can refrigerate to speed up the process.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes0.1http://www.smalltownwoman.com/chocolate-pecan-caramel-turtles/wk_bootstrap();
Other recipes you will love!!
Chocolate Candy Spoons
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- These Airline Pilot Secrets Will Make You Less Afraid to Fly
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time