129 E 27th St (at Lexington)
New York, NY 10016
- A nice spot for a casual date. Try their $14.95 combination dinners. The Bhel Puri is fantastic and their samosas are delicious.
- $6.95 lunch buffet. Cheaper than McDonalds, and healthier/better tasting!
- A solid, affordable destination for South Indian dinners.
- Good dosa lunch special!
- On the weekends, they make a special coconut rice -- sooo good!
- great vegetarian lunch buffet. only five or so dishes but they are done right. not too greasy, for a change. their food energizes! try the rice pudding.
- Best Rava Dosas ever. You'll have a tough time finding a better taste even in South India. Go for the Mysore Rava Masala Dosa and, if you like it spicy, go with Chennai.
- Try the Idli in Sambar
- get a dosa, they're great! everything on the menu is pretty great. some of the best south and north Indian in NYC.
- Try the Lunch Buffet Selections (via @Foodspotting)
- Try the Onion Rava Dosa - #vegan
- Try the Batata Vada - #vegan
- Try the Dal Vada - #vegan My new favorite appetizer!
- Try the Bhel Puri - #vegan
- Great lunch special for take out! For about $8.50, you get salad, naan, kulcha bread, 2 kinds of rice, a choice of 2 curries, and dessert. Pick up an empty take out box at the front.
- Don't order undhiyu. Dosa is awesome.
- Try the Sukhi Bahji - #vegan They've changed the spices on this dish, and it's just not the same. Still great, though. Just not perfection anymore.
- Try the Assorted Appetizers - #vegan
- Absolutely horrible service.
- The green chutney is simply mind blowing.