Do you like fried rice? I love pork fried rice, shrimp fried rice and chicken fried rice!! With just a little planning and practice you too can master this dish at a fraction of the price of take out. You are going to love this Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice and realize you should have been preparing it yourself all these years!
Now this my friends is a great recipe but look for updates because I have a couple of ideas for the next time that I think will improve it just a tad. But I must test it first. In the meantime it is very good and I think I am going to put this on our rotation once a month or more. Fried rice really is very very easy. It combines chicken, carrots, peas, onions, eggs and rice in a light soy seasoned dish. It can be made in a matter of minutes. The only semi complicated thing about Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice is you must cook the rice early in the morning and refrigerate to cool. Warm just cooked rice clumps and does not stir fry properly.
So just remember to cook your rice early in the morning while you are checking all of your social media and don’t overcook the rice. That my friend is the hardest part of fried rice. The rest of it is a piece of cake or…in this case rice cake!!
Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 pouches Success Boil in Bag Jasmine rice (4 cups)
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into short strips
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots cut matchstick
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook your rice according to box instructions. Do not overcook. Go on the low side of the cooking range. Drain well. Open pouches, pour in bowl, fluff with fork and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 tablespoon canola oil in wok over high heat. Add chicken to wok and cook for 2 minutes; stirring frequently. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce. Continue cooking for 2-3 additional minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Remove from wok and place on plate; cover to keep warm. Dump any moisture that the chicken may have left in the wok.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 tablespoon canola oil in wok over high heat. Add onions, carrots and peas; cook for 1-2 minutes stirring frequently. Move vegetables to the side add eggs and scramble them right in the bottom of the wok with spatula. Cook until set. Remove everything from pan and place on plate with chicken. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 tablespoon canola oil in wok over high heat. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and cook for 1 minute; continue stirring and breaking up any lumps. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce. Cook additional minute; stirring frequently.
- Return everything to the wok and cook for additional 1 minute. Season with salt to taste.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes0.1http://www.smalltownwoman.com/better-than-takeout-chicken-fried-rice/wk_bootstrap();
Other stir fry recipes you will love!!
Beef Lo Mein