Park, Playground, Dog Run
Steiner St (btwn Fulton & Hayes St)
San Francisco, CA 94117
- In front of the row of Victorian Painted Ladies houses (made famous by the Full House opening sequence), but on nice days you can spy the ocean and the Bay from here.
- The Shoe Garden is a little-known locals secret. Make your way to the top of the park and look for a garden shed to find dozens of shoes with flowers or grass growing in them. #vday
- Be kind to tourists! Offer to take their pictures in front of the Painted Ladies! Learn foreign languages! Wave at them atop the double decker tour buses!
- Painted ladies and breathtaking view of Russian Hill / Downtown from the east side. Another beautiful view and dog park of the west - more fog though.
- Every 1st and 3rd Thursdays and Saturdays of every month at 11am there's a free 90 minute neighborhood walking tour led by experienced volunteer docents of San Francisco City Guides. Fun AND Free!
- bring a blanket, snacks, and a good book on a sunny day. This is the perfect place to relax!
- windbreakers were designed for this park which is 1.5x windier than places which are not this park
- I love this park, it has it all. Off leash dog park on one side, playground and lawn to lay out in on the other. Paved paths throughout to walk around on and the best view of the painted ladies!
- On a sunny summer day this is a great place to learn about the dragon flies & the bees
- When the tourists ask you to snap their photo, make sure to tell them that Bob Saget lives in the Painted Lady on the left. Keep a straight face.
- Contrary to popular belief the Full House house is located on Broderick. The painted ladies were just in the opening credits.
- Jogging a couple laps around the path is a huge workout. The hills make it feel like you've run for miles. Great way to get a tough workout in a short time.
- Score a $1 lemonade from the kids at Pierce and Fulton.
- Enjoy the view from the sweetest place of San Francisco!
- While taking pics of the ladies watch out for huge piles of sh*t in the grass.
- see the shoe garden. it's behind the maintenance building.
- Press your foot to the tiny little dog water fountain as a good deed and to fill up for the next dog that walks up and is standing around waiting for water.
- Linda a arquitetura de San Francisco! Casinhas tpicas e as mais fotografadas fica no Alamo Square. J foi cenrio de filmes.
- Alamo Square Park is an essential stop in San Francisco for this stunning postcard view of the Painted Ladies, one of the most photographed locations in San Francisco.
- La postal ms famosa de San Fco. En internet pueden ver como son por dentro.