Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
Concert Hall, Theater, Opera House
- A limited number of $10 rush tickets go on sale at 5:30 p.m. for evening performances and 11:30 a.m. for matinees. Available at the Academy of Music Box Office 2 hours before curtain. Cash only.
- Pretty cool in here isn't it? It gets better. Check out the Dorrance H. Hamilton Roof Garden built on top of the Perelman Theater - it's spectacular.
- Home to the largest mechanical-action pipe organ in the country, you can take a tour of the Fred J. Cooper Memorial Organ for free! On the first Saturday of every month at 1 p.m.
- Coming to see the Time Machine for the PIFA celebration? Keep in mind that there is a daytime experience and nighttime experience. The nighttime experience starts after the "Flash in Time performance
- See the Philadelphia Orchestra for just $8 ($10 if you book online) with a student ID. Tickets go on sale 90 minutes before showtime, and availability can be limited. Can't beat the price!
- If you are here to see the Flash in Time Show for the PIFA celebration, stand in front of the stage towards the cafe area for optimal viewing
- The organ in Verizon Hall doesn't get used very often, but when it does, you're in for a real treat.
- Verizon Hall is gorgeous. I love going to concerts here.
- The rooftop garden is free and open to the public.
- Get rush tickets on Saturday but come early cause they sell out fast.
- Take advantage of their free building tour offered Tuesday to Sunday at 1pm.
- Fantastic facility. Every seat in this center has great sound and views.
- Their rooftop bar is really cool
- If you're free during the early afternoon, take the free tour at 1pm.
- Gonna hobo dis place
- Put your phone in airplane mode during concerts to ensure texts and calls don't bother others in the audience :-)
- My commencement ceremony from Peirce College was held here on 2007-06-05!
- Chris Tucker hosting this show tonight!
- An impressive theater housing even more impressive shows. The Kimmel Center occupies an entire city block and its glass roof is more than 150 feet high.
- A godly venue!