12 One-Egg Wonder Dishes You Can Make with a Carton of Eggs
The average American consumes 250 eggs per year. That’s a healthy obsession, considering egg whites are about as close as you can get to a perfect lean protein in nature, the yolks contain healthy fats, and most doctors would agree that the cholesterol found in eggs won’t increase your risk of heart disease.yolk. Add a soft-boiled egg to soups for richness, top roasted vegetables with a sunny-side up egg and let the yolk run for all the creaminess of a hollandaise without the extra work, or enjoy a simple hard-boiled egg for a quick, easy, and filling snack.
Not only are eggs a healthy protein option for breakfast, lunch, dinner, they’re even great as a snack that doesn’t tug too tightly on the purse strings. Next time you are at the grocery store, pick up a carton of eggs and enjoy any combination of these 12 dishes that require no more than one egg per serving.
Angela Carlos is the Cook Editor at The Daily Meal. Find her on Twitter and tweet @angelaccarlos.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them