2014 Celebrity News — So Far
Celebrity news is big news, even in the food world. Whether we are talking about the celebrities who lost of ton of weight or the funny food selfies they take, celebrities in 2014 made a big splash in the food industry. As we approach the middle of 2014 (can you believe it?!) we thought we’d recap some of the better moments worth highlight in the year so far:
The Big Picture
- Celebrities are always doing interesting things, so we rounded up a few of the “larger than life” things they do (like extravagant wedding cakes and dramatic weight loss) into fun stories that gave us more of an insider look into the celebrity lifestyle.
- We found out why some celebrities decided to turn away from a meat-eating diet. You may be surprised to find who is living the vegetarian lifestyle!
- Plenty of stars are guilty of the celebrity food selfie. From Taylor Swift innocently peering through a green doughnut to Drew Barrymore’s winning noodle-slurping face, to Usher, shirtless, frying an egg in his kitchen, we give you the following celebrities taking selfies with food on Instagram.
- Sure, we’d all like to have the wedding of our dreams, but it’s celebrities who can afford the cakes of their wildest fantasies, spending nearly the entire salary of the average civil servant to put the icing on their over-the-top wedding cakes.
- We honored Jimmy Fallon’s Late Night reign with a collection of 20 culinary clips.
- We also sent Jay Leno off with a collection of our favorite Tonight Show food moments.
- Celebrity parents dish out thousands of dollars to throw their kids’ birthday parties — scratch that, soirées. Pin the Tail on the Donkey and piñatas do not cut it for the children of the famous. No expense was spared — the bigger, the grander, the more over-the-top, the better.
- If you want to see what the stars are eating, follow these accounts!
- Check out the celebrities who got fit and trim in 2014 so far.
- Celebrity Cocktails: Learn what famous celebrity BFFs’ signature drinks are.
- Romance your date like the stars do at one of the 10 Hottest Celebrity date spots in America.
Here are just some of the big celebrity news stories for 2014 so far:
- Radio and voiceover legend Casey Kasem passed away at the age of 82.
- The Big Bang Theory actress Kaley Cuoco made a big splash with her wedding cake.
- Aziz Ansari, Eric Wareheim, and Jason Woliner announced show where they set sail on a giant boat and eat together on Food Club.
- TV Personality Marc Summers is the head judge of the new Food Network Unwrapped spinoff show, Rewrapped, hosted by N’SYNC’s Joey Fatone, which challenges contestants to put a spin on classic junk food.
- In the first episode of Brown Bag Wine Tasting, William Shatner and Alton Brown talk about the difference between a chef and a cook, life lessons from Humphrey Bogart, impressing girls, and more.
- Kanye West has surprised his now-wife Kim Kardashian with the unusual wedding gift of 10 Burger King franchises, located across Europe.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West married at Versailles’ Orangerie, which cost around $2,000 a plate.
- Wendy’s teamed up with American supermodel Molly Sims to introduce two new salads for spring that will join the restaurant’s permanent menu.
- According to an incredibly specific poll from Aramark (which manages concessions at nine Major League Baseball stadiums), the two celebrities that Americans would most like to share a meal with at a baseball game are Jennifer Lawrence and Mark Wahlberg.
- Tina Fey listed her 20 monthly purchases with her Amex EveryDay, revealing many fun food purchases.
- Jessica Alba and chef Anthony Sasso of Casa Mono demonstrated that coconut water recipes can go beyond healthy smoothies by making an entire four-course luncheon with the popular drink and discussing the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle.
- In his newest song “We Were Born for This,” Justin Bieber compared love to the narcotic drink known as “sizzurp.”
- Jon Bon Jovi’s Soul Kitchen, a community voluntary-payment restaurant, announced a new location at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey and will feature local New Jersey food.
- Divergent star Shailene Woodley admitted to David Letterman that she likes to eat a tablespoon of clay per day to feel healthier.
- Jessica Biel has been hard at work developing the comfort food menu for her kid-friendly restaurant in Los Angeles called Au Fudge.
- Jon Favreau conducted a Reddit AMA to spread the word about his new film, Chef, in theaters now.