Polygamy Porter, Beard of Zeus, and 22 Other Great Craft Beers with Oddball Names
If you’re a junkie for the culture behind the craft beer movement, then it’s safe to say you can appreciate a brewery with a creative edge — and in the craft beer business, creativity comes not just in brewing the beer but in naming it, too.
Beard Beer, Fuego Jalapeño, Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout, Polygamy Porter…the list goes on and on. In some cases, the beer is named after its distinct flavor or its colorful origins. Its moniker might refer to special ingredients, or play off holidays or other special occasions. Other times, though, there is absolutely no apparent reason for the name.
One thing we do know is that oddball names don't mean oddball beer. These names might make you smile or scratch your head, but the beers they describe are the real thing.
Read on for 24 beer names you don’t have to be tipsy to enjoy.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record