The Best BLT You Will Ever Eat
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
2 slices of whole wheat bread
½ cup of spinach
2 slices of bacon
¼ cup of mayonnaise
½ teaspoon of sriracha hot sauce
1. First off, stick two slices of bacon in an already greased pan on the stove. Cook until crispy. Then, stick two pieces of bread in the toaster.
2. While the bacon is sizzling, grab a small bowl and mix together the sriracha hot sauce and the mayonnaise. Set aside for later.
3. Chop the tomatoes and carve out as many slices of avocado as you want for your sandwich.
Tip: If you aren’t a pro at cutting avocados, here are a couple suggestions. Remember, there is a gigantic seed in the middle so watch out for it when you are cutting the avocado right in half. Secondly, pull apart the two halves and scoop the avocado out with a spoon.
4. Crack an egg into an already greased pan. Really watch the egg to make sure you don’t overcook it because you want the yolk to be able to ooze all over the sandwich. It doesn’t take more than 3 minutes to cook.
5. Now it is time to assemble this grand sandwich. First take your two pieces of bread and lather on the spicy mayo sauce. If you aren’t too keen on spicy, maybe don’t overdo it on the sauce. Add the bacon, tomato, avocado, spinach and egg in that order. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper. Yes, this is not your average BLT. It’s better.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: