27 Delicious Reasons We're Excited for Fall
It's official: we've already seen the first back-to-school commercial. Which means in essence, summer is already almost over. While we'll surely miss the weekend pool parties and the endless parade of summer's frozen treats, we can't lie: the thought of fall has us pretty excited.
Crisp air, beautiful scenery and a tantalizing array of fun fall activities await us. What isn't there to be excited for?
1. The gorgeous fall landscape for our outdoor dinner parties.
2. Hot and cold apple cider.
3. Pumpkin-flavored everything.
4. Proper fall seafood bakes.
5. Candied and Carmel apples. Get the recipe
7. Mulled hot wine. Get the recipe
8. White turkey chili. Get the recipe.
9. Fall's two best (and tastiest) holidays: Halloween and Thanksgiving.
10. Trips to pumpkin patches and apple picking.
11. Carving pumpkins.
12. Enjoying the seasonal, best farmers markets.
13. Celebrating Dia de Muertos with a fiesta.
14. Our favorite TV shows come back, which means it is viewing party time!
15. Bugs aren't invading our lives and ruining our backyard dinners.
16. Fireside dates are a thing again.
17. The return of the Renaissance Faire, which means the return of the epic turkey leg (don't hate).
18. The table decor is stunning.
19. Using our slow cookers for hearty foods.
20. Or for hot desserts.
21. It's the return of our beloved Halloween movies.
22. Two words: fall picnics.
23. We get to enjoy hot coffee again.
24. Cinnamon can now be added to all the things.
25. Warm tea and hot toddies are back.
26. Football… and by football we mean tailgating.
27. And of course, fall means it is almost the holiday season once more.
- 50 Best Sports Bars in America
- America's Best Inexpensive Steakhouses
- 25 Ways to Help You Stop Eating Sugar
- This Is the World’s First Flat Wine Bottle
- Etiquette Mistakes You Need to Stop Making by Age 30