America’s Best Barbecue Festivals
Summertime, and the livin’ is easy — especially when that living includes hearty helpings of barbecue. Be it ribs, steak, burgers, hot dogs, fish, or even fruits and vegetables, almost everything tastes better after getting some time on the grill — and based on the number of barbecue festivals taking place across the country, there’s clearly plenty of grill time out there.
The only hard part is determining which festivals are among the best. There are literally dozens of major events, and hundreds if you factor in the smaller ones, so what are the criteria for deciding which are best? Basically it comes down to three things: size, popularity, and fame. Sure, more established festivals might get a few bonus points, but overall we tried to keep the playing field as level as possible. Thankfully, there were a few clear leaders.
In the end, however, the real winners are anyone lucky enough to attend one of these 10 festivals — or any other the countless others across America — and the charities that often benefit from the events. Get ready, because there’s a lot of eating and partying to be done this summer — and even though a few of these have already passed for 2016, they’ll be around next year, so be sure to mark your calendar and grab your bib!
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas