12 Travel Destinations for Every Food Lover’s Bucket List
There are more types of cuisine than there are countries in the world (and the latter number approaches 200). Each type of food is steeped in history, culture, and, for individuals who’ve grown up with it, memories of family, friends, and specific events.
Every world traveler (and food-lover) has a list of dream destinations, even if they’ve never been written down, and we’ve rounded up 12 areas that should be a shoe-in for any food-lover’s travel bucket list. Our grouping highlights areas around the world, like Zagreb’s sarma, or cabbage leaves filled with ground meat, and Kyoto’s kaiseki ryori, a traditional dining style. Take a look, and start adding these food-centric cities and regions to your mental bucket list.
Additional reporting by Colman Andrews.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas