Quick Homestyle Baked Beans
This quick homestyle baked bean recipes is the perfect dish to wow your friends at your next backyard barbecue.
Recipe courtesy of Danielle at Delightful Mom Food.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 Cup ham or bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup onion, diced finely
- 1/4 Cup organic ketchup
- 2 Teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 Cup tomato sauce (plain from a can)
- 1 Dash of pink Himalayan salt
In a medium saucepan combine white beans, ham or bacon, onion, ketchup, mustard, maple syrup, molasses, and tomato sauce. Sprinkle a dash of salt. Cook over low heat for 15–20 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring often. Add more salt to taste.