This renowned guacamole is by far one of the most famous dishes at Dos Caminos. In each of the seven Dos Caminos locations, the guacamole is prepared tableside in a lava stone molcajete according to each guest’s specifications. The spice level can be raised or lowered by adjusting the amount of chile you add.
Check out 8 Tips for Perfect Guacamole.
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 Teaspoons finely chopped white onion
- 2 Teaspoons minced jalapeño or serrano chiles, seeds and membranes removed if desired
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2 Tablespoons cored, seeded, and finely chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 Teaspoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon of minced chile, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth. Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture. Stir in tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasonings, and serve with a basket of warm corn tortilla chips or veggie sticks, for a lighter option.