NYCWFF: The Top 5 Desserts from SWEET!
October 14, 2012
5. The Nook at Red Rooster Harlem (Deborah Racicot), Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
Gingerbread whoopie pies with peach cream melded fall and summer for those still adamant about wearing flip flops.
4. Le Bernardin (Laurie Jon Moran), Chocolate Pink Peppercorn Ice Cream Sandwiches
Chocolate pink peppercorn ice cream sandwiches were a spicy departure from the ice cream truck original.
3. Big Gay Ice Cream, Pumpkin Spice Push Pops
Doug Quint and Bryan Petroff's pumpkin spice ice cream push-pops injected some nostalgia into a signature fall flavor.
2. The North Fork Table & Inn (Claudia Fleming), Coffee-Toffee Sundaes
With sweet, salty and roasted flavor elements, this coffee-toffee ice cream sundae with roasted bananas and salted peanuts set a high bar.
1. Jean-Georges (Joe Murphy), Toffee-Apple Cakes
Sticky toffee-apple cake with green apple whipped cream provided a double dose of the season.