Get Ready to Meet Sophie
We here at The Daily Meal are adamant about bringing our readers the best tips from expert sources. So we are proud to announce a very exciting addition to our list of contributors — Sophie!
A character more curious than George, Sophie has already taken the world of children's books by storm with her fabulous, fashion-filled adventure in Sophie and the City: All in a Day's Work. While Sophie wandered the floors of her dad's magical magazine world, she discovered new adventures in the world of media.
With Sophie's next adventure set to hit shelves in just a few months, she is preparing the best way she knows how — by filling us in on how to have a great time just like she does. Right on time for Mother's Day, she will be showing us how to celebrate with moms everywhere in the most creative way possible, so stay tuned for that.
In the meantime, to better get an idea of Sophie and her travels, she's dished on a few of her favorites to Lucky Kids. According to Sophie, the best way to have an adventure is just to use your imagination, but we need something a little more concrete than that, so here's a few food-filled places that she ventures to in New York City:
• Maison Ladurée: "Snack on Ladurée macaroons (try the caramel with salted butter)."
• Shake Shack:"Grab a super tasty burger and frozen custard at the original Shake Shack in Madison Square Park."
• Ferrara Bakery and Café: "After a little window shopping, take a walk to Little Italy and pick up a delicious cannolli at Ferrara's."
• The St. Regis New York: "Be fancy and have a spot of tea at the famed St. Regis Hotel."
• Chelsea Market: "Peruse all the fresh goods at the Chelsea Market and pick up some milk and cookies at Ronnybrook Milk Bar, then walk the Highline."
• Dean & DeLuca: "Grab some fresh fruit at the original Dean & DeLuca."
• 'witchcraft: "Bring your glue and sewing kit to Bryant Park and have a crafty picnic snacking on tasty 'wichcraft sandwiches by famed chef Tom Colicchio."
• Union Square Greenmarket: "Nothing better than fresh food straight from the farm! Visit the Union Square GreenMarket for hot cider and doughnuts."