Wendy’s to Close 8 Russian Locations
If you are a traveler who loves the ability to get a quick Wendy’s fix abroad, then Russia is not the place for you.
Wenrus Restaurant group was slated to open 180 Wendy's outlets across by 2020. A It is reported that the new leadership in the company has not expressed interest to expand Wendy’s influence in Russia.
So far, four of the eight locations have been closed.
The closing of Wendy’s follows a slew of other recent mishaps and failure with American fast-food chains in Russia. Local health inspectors began accusing McDonald's of "wrong-doing." A watch dog agency filed a lawsuit against the American burger chain, and demanded that they remove many of their menu items including cheeseburgers and milkshakes, and have called for McDonald's to shut down.
Oh, American fast-food chains. It seems that Russia no longer wants to be friends anymore.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record