Ways to Make Tofu Actually Taste Like Meat
BBQ Sauce. Marinate tofu in barbecue sauce for 30 minutes and pop it under the broiler for a tasty piece of tofu. Pair it with coleslaw and potato salad for the full barbecue experience.
Grilled. Cube up tofu and marinate with cubed vegetables in Italian dressing for 30 minutes. Grill until the vegetables are cooked through.
“Meat” Balls. Tossed with tomato sauce and spaghetti, no one will know that they’re eating tofu meatballs.
Spices. Because tofu has relatively little flavor on its own, adding spices, bouillon cubes, or marinades can transform those blocks of bean curd into something delicious.
Julie Ruggirello is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @TDMRecipeEditor.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas