If you weren't already planning to tune into the Golden Globe Awards to see Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host, you have even more of an excuse: Fey and Poehler shared their own version of a Golden Globes drinking game, which is pretty much perfect.
The Fey and Poehler Golden Globes drinking game, as told to the Hollywood Reporter:
- Drink anytime an actress cries in a speech.
- Drink anytime you see a person actively not listening to someone onstage.
- Drink anytime someone says, "I didn't prepare anything!"
- Eat a meatball sub any time someone thanks Harvey Weinstein. (Editor's note: thank goodness for the sub, because you need to carbo-load for all of these drinks.)
- Take off an article of clothing anytime they show Judi Dench.
- Take off an article of clothing anytime Maggie Smith wins.
Naturally, we had to add our own rules to the Fey and Poehler-approved drinking game:
- Drink every time Ryan Seacrest is shorter than who he's interviewing.
- Chug when you see a viral meme forming.
- Do a girl power dance every time Fey and Poehler prove that women can be funny.
- Drink for any reference to 30 Rock and The Office, and their last few episodes.
- Since it’s the Globes — the booziest of the award shows — take a shot whenever anyone mentions drinking/how drunk the audience is.
- Drink every time Anne Hathaway's rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" comes up in a montage (we presume it will, a lot.
- Drink when Lena Dunham (inevitably) wins another award.
- Drink when Homeland sweeps it all.