Twin Cities residents have no cause for complaint; there are plenty of places to "wine" on both sides of the river. Whether you're looking for a romantic venue in which to sip with your sweetheart, a casual neighborhood place to tip one back before a movie, or a happening Uptown spot that includes pheromones alongside your vino, we've got your number. Now all you have to do is pick the year of the bottle! Cheers!
• Beajuo's Wine Bar and Bistro: Situated in the 50th and France neighborhood, this ritzy wine bar offers more than 30 wines, plus an extensive selection of cheeses, pâtés and spreads for an all-around elegant experience.
• Bev's Wine Bar: With views of the downtown skyline, this long-standing Twin Cities venue is perfect for those wishing to enjoy their drinks away from the young, loud bar scene.
• Bin on the Park: Bin is just what Lowertown needed to up its sexiness and sophistication quotient. Boasting "poetry served by the glass," Bin is a must-visit for those who love wine.
• Black Dog Coffee and Wine Bar: If you like your bars laid-back, Black Dog will be your new best friend. With menus written on chalkboards and live music on most nights, this venue is a casual respite from the busyness of downtown St. Paul.
• Lucia's Wine Bar: Tucked into the heart of Uptown, Lucia's is the place to see and be seen — as well as savor. Aside from the trendy location and cozy ambiance, Lucia’s offers seasonal, high-quality eats to accompany whatever bottle strikes your fancy.
• Kings Wine Bar: For the sophisticated hipster, this intimate one-room wine bar is the place to sip with your sweetie at a window-side table or to chat up one of the attractive singles bound to be mid-tasting at the bar.
• Riverview Wine Bar: This humble neighborhood bistro has been part of the Longfellow community for years. Their global selection is best experienced on the patio during sunnier months.
• Spill the Wine: For the worldly wine connoisseur, this Warehouse District watering hole is a dream destination. With more than 100 wines to choose from, you won’t leave disappointed.
Erica Rivera is the author of the memoir "Insatiable" and the e-cookbook "Man Eater." She is the co-owner of the Twin Cities mobile bakery MILF and Cookies and blogs at crazysexydelicious.com.